ART Lab, Training, Set Up, BackUp & Process Outsourcing
Genesis Fertility, IVF & ICSI Centre is ISO 9001:2015 and is situated in the heart of Pune city is established in 2001. Since then, till date, we have been consistently progressing in the field of ART with respect to techniques and knowledge. We are well equipped and trained with the facilities necessary for IVF, ICSI, embryo Cryopreservation & thawing and also with the technique of assisted hatching using laser. Recently we have expertise with oocyte freezing and thawing technique. (Till date 9 patients oocyte vitrified successfully! Out of these, oocytes of 3 patients were thawed and used for ICSI. Out of 3 patients, 2 patients conceived and pregnancies are ongoing!).
Number of cases done till date is more than 2000 cycles of IVF and ICSI with almost equal fertilization rate for both IVF & ICSI (80-90%) and cleavage rate more than 80% and average clinical pregnancy rate of 40% which is at par with the best centres all over the world.
Our achievement in ART is the success in oocyte vitrification and thawing, embryo Cryopreservation & thawing along with IVF & ICSI techniques within these 10 years of time period. Post-Thaw survival rate is more than 80% and Thawed-Embryo Transfer average clinical pregnancy rate is 36%.
We are happy and proud to set up and support different ART centres not only within and outside Maharashtra but also abroad with same efforts, dedication and results.
The satisfactory results of these centres inspire us to do our best and study more so as to improve ourselves as well as the centres we support. Since last 6 years we have set up more 25 IVF laboratories and are supporting more than 25 different centres in India and abroad.
This is possible because of the excellent teamwork of Genesis, which includes:
Dr. Amit Patankar
DNB, DGO, MS
Dr. Leena Patankar
MD, M.Sc (Embryology, Leeds Uni. UK)
Mrs. Neha Vaidya
B.Sc (Microbiology) DMLT.
Mrs. Sarika Bhokare
Mr. Sushil Waghmare
Mr. Bharat Harpude
M.Sc (Microbiology) DMLT.
Ms. Pooja Mishra
Mrs. Bhagyashri Uttekar
Mr. Abhishek Takawane
The embryologists of Genesis are expert in all the techniques of ART, like:
- Setting of IVF lab
- Semen Preparation techniques
- Conventional IVF
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- ICSI with Testicular Sperms
- ICSI by performing with HOS test
- Separation of live spermatids (immature undifferentiated sperms) from fresh ejaculate or biopsy tissues
- ROSI and ELSI
- Blastocyst culture
- Embryo freezing : - Slow freezing Vitrification
- Blastocyst Vitrification
- Embryo Thawing and Blastocyst Thawing
- Partial zona dissection
- Assisted Hatching using laser as well as manual
- In-vitro Maturation (IVM)
- Blastomere Biopsy for PGD
Clinical Back-up includes
- Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy
- USG in infertility
- Stimulation protocol design
- Ovum pick- up
- Embryo Transfer
- Grouping of Cases
- Embryo Reduction
Embryology Back-up includes
- Lab set-up
- Suggesting Lab equipments
- Guidance in lab maintenance and equipment maintenance
- Guidance in quality control and quality assurance
- All embryological work that includes:
- Embryo vitrification & thawing
- Oocyte vitrification & thawing
- Assisted hatching: laser and manual
Conduct hands-on ART training course at the centre: The training course includes:
- IUI training (3 days)
- Basics in ART which includes (5 days):
- Different semen Processing techniques
- Lab maintenance
- Different media for ART
- Plate preparation for IVF and ICSI
- Theory of IVF / ICSI technique
- Hands-on Clinical embryology in Human Reproduction
Since last 6 years we have been conducting hands-on training course at our centre. A batch of 5 (gynecologist and embryologist) is trained every alternate month. Till date more than 30 batches from all over India have been trained and have their own lab successfully running with good results. We give clinical and embryological back-up to these centres till they are independent.
We have been involved in research based on embryology since last 4 years. We have been working on following topics:
- Preincubation time before insemination / injection and its effect on fertilization, cleavage, embryo quality, implantation and clinical pregnancy.
- Synchronizing embryo hatching and implantation window.
- Microbiological analysis of semen sample and their effect on male infertility.
- Microbiological surveillance of lab and its role in improvement of lab results in respect to embryo cleavage, embryo morphology, implantation and clinical pregnancy rate.
Please feel free to ask in case of any query. Feel free to check back the results at different ART labs visited by us.